Poll Results: A Mouse in the House -- Our most recent poll, which asked what sort of pointing device you use, proved quite interesting. Over almost 2,100 respondents, about a third stuck with their Apple mice, another third used a third-party mouse, and a quarter relied on trackballs. Trackpads ranked lower than I would have guessed, at 7 percent, but graphics tablets fared better than expected, with 3 percent. Only a handful of people use joysticks, game controllers, infrared pointers, touchscreens, or other pointing devices. The fact that such a large percentage of people purchase third-party pointing devices would seem to imply both that pointing device preferences vary tremendously and that Apple's current mouse design is a good thing for aftermarket mouse makers. [ACE]
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
Published in TidBITS 508.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Aladdin Systems Sponsoring TidBITS
- Apple Revs G4s, Adds Digital Video Options
- Free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade
- Office 98 Update for Mac OS 9
- UserLand Releases Frontier 6.1
- StarNine Releases Free ListSTAR 2.0 Upgrade
- Trexar Improves Privacy with MacWasher
- MacLaunch Web Portal Launches
- Send Us Your 1999 Gift Ideas
- Poll Preview: Smile and Say "Pixel"
- Working Off the Beaten Track
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1