Poll Preview: Smile and Say "Pixel" -- For many of us, the fast-moving digital camera world provides the ultimate objects of techno-lust. Digital cameras promise much, but until recently have tended to deliver high prices or low quality - or both. But digital camera prices are dropping as quality improves, and there's no beating the ease of snapping a quick photo for posting on the Web or mailing to a friend. You can read the first part of Arthur Bleich's annual look at digital cameras below; this week's poll follows in step, asking if you currently own a digital camera, and if not, if you plan to buy one. Visit our home page and register your vote! [ACE]
iCal Alerts You Can't Miss
Did you miss that tiny little iCal alert dialog? Use a more prominent Open File alarm.
First save an image, text file, sound, or movie that will really fill your screen and grab your attention.
Select an iCal event and choose Open File as the alert type. Choose your unmissable file as the one to open.
Set more alerts with more files to open for the same event if you like. You won't miss an appointment with one of these alerts!
Published in TidBITS 508.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Aladdin Systems Sponsoring TidBITS
- Apple Revs G4s, Adds Digital Video Options
- Free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade
- Office 98 Update for Mac OS 9
- UserLand Releases Frontier 6.1
- StarNine Releases Free ListSTAR 2.0 Upgrade
- Trexar Improves Privacy with MacWasher
- MacLaunch Web Portal Launches
- Send Us Your 1999 Gift Ideas
- Poll Results: A Mouse in the House
- Working Off the Beaten Track
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1
Poll Preview: Smile and Say "Pixel"
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and