Holiday Hiatus -- It's the Christmas holiday season here in the United States, which means that TidBITS is taking its yearly holiday break. We'll continue to post Macintosh news and new polls on our home page, and look for this year's TidBITS Gift Issue to arrive soon. The next regularly scheduled issue will roll out on 04-Jan-00. Please note that we'll be reconfiguring many of our servers during this break, so some services may be temporarily unavailable, particularly 16-Dec-99. [JLC]
Turn Off Filename Extension Warning
In Leopard, Apple fixed an annoying aspect of working with the Finder in Tiger. Previously, if you changed a file's extension, the Finder prompted for confirmation. But since no one has ever accidentally changed a filename extension, Apple thankfully added an option to turn that warning off in the Leopard Finder's preferences. Choose Finder > Preferences, and in the Advanced screen, deselect Show Warning Before Changing an Extension.
Published in TidBITS 509.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- IBM Ships ViaVoice Speech Recognition
- The Tilery 4.1 Improves Display Options
- Anarchie 3.7 Rolls In Mac TCP Watcher
- StarNine Ships WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1
- Free SoundJam 1.5 Update Improves MP3 Encoding
- Macworld Expo SF '00 Events List Online
- Macworld SF Netter's Dinner 2000
- Poll Preview: Digital Exposure Time
- Eudora 4.3 Public Beta Adds Free Usage Modes
- Macintosh-Windows Translation Dictionary
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 2