Holiday Hiatus -- It's the Christmas holiday season here in the United States, which means that TidBITS is taking its yearly holiday break. We'll continue to post Macintosh news and new polls on our home page, and look for this year's TidBITS Gift Issue to arrive soon. The next regularly scheduled issue will roll out on 04-Jan-00. Please note that we'll be reconfiguring many of our servers during this break, so some services may be temporarily unavailable, particularly 16-Dec-99. [JLC]
Avoid Long Hierarchical Menus
If you right-click (or Control-click) on some item, such as a file in the Finder, and one of the sub-menus has many options (Open With is a frequent culprit), it may take several seconds to open, even on a fast machine, which is annoying if you did not actually want that sub-menu.
The trick is to not pull the cursor through the menu, but in a curve around it, so the cursor does not touch any menu items until lower on the list where you wanted to go.
Visit Eolake's Blog
Published in TidBITS 509.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- IBM Ships ViaVoice Speech Recognition
- The Tilery 4.1 Improves Display Options
- Anarchie 3.7 Rolls In Mac TCP Watcher
- StarNine Ships WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1
- Free SoundJam 1.5 Update Improves MP3 Encoding
- Macworld Expo SF '00 Events List Online
- Macworld SF Netter's Dinner 2000
- Poll Preview: Digital Exposure Time
- Eudora 4.3 Public Beta Adds Free Usage Modes
- Macintosh-Windows Translation Dictionary
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 2