Macworld Expo SF '00 Events List Online -- Ilene Hoffman has once again started up the Robert Hess Memorial Macworld Expo Events List. If you plan on attending Macworld Expo in San Francisco from 05-Jan-00 through 08-Jan-00 (note that the show extends to Saturday this year), check the list for public events and parties you might want to attend. If you're hosting an event at Macworld Expo, be sure to fill out the Macworld Event Submission Form. As always, we strongly encourage anyone planning an event to read our "Macworld Geek Party Guide" from TidBITS-415 for tips on how to throw a successful trade show party. [ACE]
Smarter Parental Controls
If you've been using the parental controls options in Mac OS X to lock your child out of using a particular computer late at night, but would like to employ a more clever technique to limit Internet access, turn to MAC address filtering on an Apple base station.
To do this, launch AirPort Utility, select your base station, and click Manual Setup. In the Access Control view, choose Time Access to turn on MAC filtering. You'll need to enter the MAC address of the particular computer, which (in 10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard) you can find in the Network System Preferences pane: click AirPort in the adapter list, and click Advanced. The AirPort ID is the MAC address.
- Macworld Geek Party Guide (02 Feb 98)
Published in TidBITS 509.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Holiday Hiatus
- IBM Ships ViaVoice Speech Recognition
- The Tilery 4.1 Improves Display Options
- Anarchie 3.7 Rolls In Mac TCP Watcher
- StarNine Ships WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1
- Free SoundJam 1.5 Update Improves MP3 Encoding
- Macworld SF Netter's Dinner 2000
- Poll Preview: Digital Exposure Time
- Eudora 4.3 Public Beta Adds Free Usage Modes
- Macintosh-Windows Translation Dictionary
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 2