Poll Preview: Digital Exposure Time -- This week's issue offers the second part of Arthur Bleich's article on digital cameras, and the polls will continue to follow along this week and next, with a special poll that will appear during the final week of the year. The question this week, then, is when did you (or do you) plan to buy a digital camera? Next week's question will narrow the topic even further, asking how much you paid for your camera. As always, visit our home page to vote. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 509.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Holiday Hiatus
- IBM Ships ViaVoice Speech Recognition
- The Tilery 4.1 Improves Display Options
- Anarchie 3.7 Rolls In Mac TCP Watcher
- StarNine Ships WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1
- Free SoundJam 1.5 Update Improves MP3 Encoding
- Macworld Expo SF '00 Events List Online
- Macworld SF Netter's Dinner 2000
- Eudora 4.3 Public Beta Adds Free Usage Modes
- Macintosh-Windows Translation Dictionary
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 2