Poll Preview: Digital Exposure Time -- This week's issue offers the second part of Arthur Bleich's article on digital cameras, and the polls will continue to follow along this week and next, with a special poll that will appear during the final week of the year. The question this week, then, is when did you (or do you) plan to buy a digital camera? Next week's question will narrow the topic even further, asking how much you paid for your camera. As always, visit our home page to vote. [ACE]
Removing Photos from iPhoto
Despite iPhoto's long history, many people continue to be confused about exactly what happens when you delete a photo. There are three possibilities.
If you delete a photo from an album, book, card, calendar, or saved slideshow, the photo is merely removed from that item and remains generally available in your iPhoto library.
If, however, you delete a photo while in Events or Photos view, that act moves the photo to iPhoto's Trash. It's still available, but...
If you then empty iPhoto's Trash, all photos in it will be deleted from the iPhoto library and from your hard disk.
Published in TidBITS 509.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Holiday Hiatus
- IBM Ships ViaVoice Speech Recognition
- The Tilery 4.1 Improves Display Options
- Anarchie 3.7 Rolls In Mac TCP Watcher
- StarNine Ships WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1
- Free SoundJam 1.5 Update Improves MP3 Encoding
- Macworld Expo SF '00 Events List Online
- Macworld SF Netter's Dinner 2000
- Eudora 4.3 Public Beta Adds Free Usage Modes
- Macintosh-Windows Translation Dictionary
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 2