Poll Preview: Digital Exposure Time -- This week's issue offers the second part of Arthur Bleich's article on digital cameras, and the polls will continue to follow along this week and next, with a special poll that will appear during the final week of the year. The question this week, then, is when did you (or do you) plan to buy a digital camera? Next week's question will narrow the topic even further, asking how much you paid for your camera. As always, visit our home page to vote. [ACE]
Use VirusBarrier X6 to Find Internet Traffic Paths
Need to find out who owns a domain name, or where your traffic is being routed? VirusBarrier X6 has a number of network monitoring tools, including a built-in Whois search tool, and a Traceroute feature. If you use the latter, you can even display a map after the traceroute has completed, showing exactly where in the world data passes between your Mac and a selected IP address.
Published in TidBITS 509.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Holiday Hiatus
- IBM Ships ViaVoice Speech Recognition
- The Tilery 4.1 Improves Display Options
- Anarchie 3.7 Rolls In Mac TCP Watcher
- StarNine Ships WebSTAR Server Suite 4.1
- Free SoundJam 1.5 Update Improves MP3 Encoding
- Macworld Expo SF '00 Events List Online
- Macworld SF Netter's Dinner 2000
- Eudora 4.3 Public Beta Adds Free Usage Modes
- Macintosh-Windows Translation Dictionary
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 2
Poll Preview: Digital Exposure Time
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and