Now Up-to-Date & Contact Are Now Up to Date -- Power On Software is delivering on its promise to continue development of Now Up-to-Date & Contact, its calendar and contact combo purchased from Qualcomm earlier this year. Version 3.8 fixes compatibility issues with Mac OS 8.5 and later, solves problems associated with its Internet features, and includes Now Up-to-Date & Contact Web Publisher for free (it was formerly a separate $400 product). Power On claims that Palm device synchronization is scheduled to arrive in an upcoming version 3.9, tentatively scheduled for early 2000. Now Up-to-Date & Contact costs $90; owners of previous versions can upgrade for $40. A fully functional 30-day demo is a 4.6 MB download. [JLC]
Set Password Activation Time in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, you can now set an amount of time after your Mac goes to sleep or engages the screen saver before it requires a password to log back on. In Leopard, the option was simply to require the password or not. Choose among several increments, between 5 seconds and 4 hours, from System Preferences > Security.
- Power On Nabs Now PIMs and Eudora Planner (12 Jul 99)
Published in TidBITS 511.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS Appearances at Macworld SF
- Minor Y2K Fix for Excel 98
- MWJ Mac OS 9 Coverage at Fatbrain.com
- Poll Results: Buying Digital Cameras
- Poll Preview: A-OK for Y2K?
- Internet Explorer 4.51 & Outlook Express 5.01 Fix Problems
- OT Tuner 1.0 Combats Possible Net Abuse of Macs
- Don't Panic - Be Informed about Net Security
- InterviewBITS with Neil Shapiro