Poll Results: A-OK for Y2K? The Y2K bug seemed to lose its teeth as the world's calendars slid into the new year without serious incident. But what about individual readers' experiences? Between 01-Jan-00 and 09-Jan-00 we asked, "Did you personally experience a Y2K-related computer problem?" Of the 656 responses we garnered, 17 percent chose Definitely, 6 percent suspected a problem and chose Maybe, while the remaining 77 percent expressed a firm No Way. Of course, that assumes that people with Y2K problems were able to participate in our poll, or even venture out of their bunkers. [JLC]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software