WebSTAR 4.2 Optimized for G4s -- StarNine Technologies has unveiled WebSTAR Server Suite 4.2, the latest version of its integrated collection of Internet servers. The collection includes Web, email, FTP and proxy servers as well as database publishing and site searching capabilities. WebSTAR 4.2's primary advance is that the main WebSTAR application and the majority of its components have been optimized for the PowerPC G4 and its Velocity Engine, enabling WebSTAR to process requests faster, especially for dynamically generated material. WebSTAR 4.2 also includes bug fixes and enhancements unrelated to G4 systems - particularly in its email, Lasso Web Publisher, and search components - making the upgrade valuable to all version 4.x owners. Version 4.2 is a free upgrade for owners of WebSTAR 4.x; otherwise, WebSTAR Server Suite is $600 with educational, upgrade, and volume discounts available. [GD]
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
- Back to Class with the Power Mac G4 (06 Sep 99)
- WebSTAR Server Suite 4.0 Adds Email, Performance, and More (05 Jul 99)