Poll Results: Apple of Your iFuture? Although many Macworld Expo attendees were expecting Steve Jobs to make hardware announcements (even the attendees not swayed by rumor sites), the major news turned out to be Apple's suite of new Internet services such as iTools and iCards. Despite the undeniable fact that Apple's new Internet services certainly aren't perfect (and we'll be looking at more of the concerns in a future issue), we've been impressed with their overall design and integration. So when we asked, "Do you plan to use any of Apple's new Internet services?" we weren't surprised to see that 82 percent of respondents answered yes. Apple has grabbed the interest of a lot of people with these Internet tools; let's hope they continue to polish the existing tools and offer new ones as well. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard