Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Our hard-working translation teams, and particularly the German team, are in need of some new volunteers to help spread the workload and make translating TidBITS issues easier for everyone. If you're interested in translating English into German, French, Japanese, or Dutch and helping promote the Macintosh community in those languages, check out the URLs below for information on what's involved. Help keep TidBITS truly international! And whether or not you're up for becoming a translator, if you enjoy reading one of our translations each week, let the translators know. The translation teams appreciate the kind letters many of you have sent over the years, and your encouragement makes the task of translating each issue all the more worthwhile. Thanks! [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Sprechen Sie Deutsch?
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and