GraphicConverter 3.8 Adds AppleScript, Bug Fixes -- Lemke Software has updated GraphicConverter to version 3.8, adding AppleScript support to the PowerPC version and numerous tweaks to its multipurpose tool for working with image files. (GraphicConverter ranked high in a recent TidBITS poll of image editing applications; see "Poll Results: They Come in Colors" in TidBITS-516.) GraphicConverter's basic AppleScript support enables users to apply multiple modifications to files, such as resizing and changing the bit depth, thereby speeding up the production process. GraphicConverter 3.8 is a 1.9 MB download; registration for the shareware utility is $30 in Europe, $35 in the rest of the world. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Poll Results: They Come in Colors (07 Feb 00)
Published in TidBITS 518.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
GraphicConverter 3.8 Adds AppleScript, Bug Fixes
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>