Farallon Announces 11 Mbps SkyLINE Card -- Farallon Communications has announced a version of the company's SkyLINE 802.11 wireless networking card that runs at 11 Mbps instead of the previous speed of 2 Mbps. Due to ship in April, the AirPort-compatible PC Card provides wireless Ethernet access to recent PowerBooks (the 2400, 3400, and G3 Series, with planned support for the 190, 1400, and 5300) and portable PCs with Type II PC Card slots running Windows 95, 98, or NT (with support for Windows 2000 planned). Farallon has yet to announce a price for the 11 Mbps SkyLINE card, but will offer an upgrade for users of the 2 Mbps card at a reduced price. [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Farallon Ships 11 Mbps Wireless SkyLINE Card (22 May 00)
Published in TidBITS 518.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Farallon Announces 11 Mbps SkyLINE Card
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>