Farallon Announces 11 Mbps SkyLINE Card -- Farallon Communications has announced a version of the company's SkyLINE 802.11 wireless networking card that runs at 11 Mbps instead of the previous speed of 2 Mbps. Due to ship in April, the AirPort-compatible PC Card provides wireless Ethernet access to recent PowerBooks (the 2400, 3400, and G3 Series, with planned support for the 190, 1400, and 5300) and portable PCs with Type II PC Card slots running Windows 95, 98, or NT (with support for Windows 2000 planned). Farallon has yet to announce a price for the 11 Mbps SkyLINE card, but will offer an upgrade for users of the 2 Mbps card at a reduced price. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- Farallon Ships 11 Mbps Wireless SkyLINE Card (22 May 00)