Poll Results: Color Me Pretty -- In last week's poll we asked what colors you'd like to see Apple use in future Macs. Brushed metal came in as the most popular choice, scoring 27 percent of the vote. Midnight blue took second, with 18 percent, and forest green and ebony slid in ahead of the pack with 11 percent each. The next step is to wait for the next color change and see what Apple has up its sleeve. Note that you can see the final poll results at the GetBITS URL below. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.