ACI Buys StarNine Technologies -- ACI US, makers of the high-end 4D relational database, have purchased StarNine Technologies, makers of the WebSTAR Server Suite and ListSTAR, from Platinum Equity Holdings. The acquisition provides ACI with significantly beefed-up presence in the Macintosh Web server market, plus the code and personnel to improve 4D's position as a Web-enabled database. Since Web publishing has increasingly been supported by back end databases, it would seem likely that we'll see additional integration between WebSTAR and 4D in the future. [ACE]
Enabling Auto Spelling Correction in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, the automatic spelling correction in applications is not usually activated by default. To turn it on, make sure the cursor's insertion point is somewhere where text can be entered, and either choose Edit > Spelling and Grammar > Correct Spelling Automatically or, if the Edit menu's submenu doesn't have what you need, Control-click where you're typing and choose Spelling and Grammar > Correct Spelling Automatically from the contextual menu that appears. The latter approach is particularly likely to be necessary in Safari and other WebKit-based applications, like Mailplane.
- ACI US Changes Name to 4D (17 Apr 00)
Published in TidBITS 522.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Sleep Memory Extension Blocks Laptop Bug
- Look Elsewhere for PowerBook (FireWire) Security
- Connectix Ships Virtual PC with Linux
- ACTION Files 1.5.2 Update Released
- Poll Results: Palm Before the Storm
- Poll Preview: Clear as Mud
- Which Handheld Belongs in Your Palm?
- Building Characters: A Brief History of the Web War