ACTION Files 1.5.2 Update Released -- Power On Software has released an update to ACTION Files, its utility for enhancing open/save dialog boxes (See the review of ACTION Files 1.0 in "Get a Piece of the ACTION Files" in TidBITS-434). Version 1.5.2 enhances support for non-U.S. versions of the Mac OS, better handles excluded applications in the compatibility list, and improves the user-assignable command keys and the volumes menu in Navigation Services dialog boxes. In addition, compatibility problems with EndNote, FontLab, and MacTicker have been worked out. ACTION Files 1.5.2 is a free update to registered users of previous versions; download the free 2.3 MB free trial, which doubles as the update. ACTION Files retails for $30 if downloaded and purchased from the Web, or $40 for a boxed CD-ROM. [JLC]
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Get a Piece of the ACTION Files (15 Jun 98)
Published in TidBITS 522.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Sleep Memory Extension Blocks Laptop Bug
- Look Elsewhere for PowerBook (FireWire) Security
- ACI Buys StarNine Technologies
- Connectix Ships Virtual PC with Linux
- Poll Results: Palm Before the Storm
- Poll Preview: Clear as Mud
- Which Handheld Belongs in Your Palm?
- Building Characters: A Brief History of the Web War