ACTION Files 1.5.2 Update Released -- Power On Software has released an update to ACTION Files, its utility for enhancing open/save dialog boxes (See the review of ACTION Files 1.0 in "Get a Piece of the ACTION Files" in TidBITS-434). Version 1.5.2 enhances support for non-U.S. versions of the Mac OS, better handles excluded applications in the compatibility list, and improves the user-assignable command keys and the volumes menu in Navigation Services dialog boxes. In addition, compatibility problems with EndNote, FontLab, and MacTicker have been worked out. ACTION Files 1.5.2 is a free update to registered users of previous versions; download the free 2.3 MB free trial, which doubles as the update. ACTION Files retails for $30 if downloaded and purchased from the Web, or $40 for a boxed CD-ROM. [JLC]
Edit Remote Files in Your Favorite Utility with Fetch
If you use the Fetch FTP client and want to, for instance, edit remote .html files with one application but .css files with another, you can set this up easily: In Fetch, select a .html file and click the Get Info button on the toolbar. In the Get Info window, in the Transfer Option section, choose your desired program from the "Edit files like this with" pop-up menu. Repeat the procedure for a .css file, and you're ready to go!
Visit Fetch Softworks
- Get a Piece of the ACTION Files (15 Jun 98)
Published in TidBITS 522.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Sleep Memory Extension Blocks Laptop Bug
- Look Elsewhere for PowerBook (FireWire) Security
- ACI Buys StarNine Technologies
- Connectix Ships Virtual PC with Linux
- Poll Results: Palm Before the Storm
- Poll Preview: Clear as Mud
- Which Handheld Belongs in Your Palm?
- Building Characters: A Brief History of the Web War