ACTION Files 1.5.2 Update Released -- Power On Software has released an update to ACTION Files, its utility for enhancing open/save dialog boxes (See the review of ACTION Files 1.0 in "Get a Piece of the ACTION Files" in TidBITS-434). Version 1.5.2 enhances support for non-U.S. versions of the Mac OS, better handles excluded applications in the compatibility list, and improves the user-assignable command keys and the volumes menu in Navigation Services dialog boxes. In addition, compatibility problems with EndNote, FontLab, and MacTicker have been worked out. ACTION Files 1.5.2 is a free update to registered users of previous versions; download the free 2.3 MB free trial, which doubles as the update. ACTION Files retails for $30 if downloaded and purchased from the Web, or $40 for a boxed CD-ROM. [JLC]
Cull Graphics Quickly with Preview
You're faced with a folder full of images, and you need to sort through them, trashing some number and keeping the rest. For a quick way to do that, select them all, and open them in Preview (in Leopard, at least). You'll get a single window with each graphic as an item in the drawer. Use the arrow keys to move from image to image, and when you see one you want to trash, press Command-Delete to move it from its source folder to the Finder's Trash. (Delete by itself just removes the picture from Preview's drawer.)
- Get a Piece of the ACTION Files (15 Jun 98)
Published in TidBITS 522.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Sleep Memory Extension Blocks Laptop Bug
- Look Elsewhere for PowerBook (FireWire) Security
- ACI Buys StarNine Technologies
- Connectix Ships Virtual PC with Linux
- Poll Results: Palm Before the Storm
- Poll Preview: Clear as Mud
- Which Handheld Belongs in Your Palm?
- Building Characters: A Brief History of the Web War