Poll Preview: A People Divided -- We at TidBITS prefer using Macs to anything else, but the reality of the computer industry is that Macintosh users are in the minority and are likely to remain so. We're curious about the mix of mainstream personal computer hardware that you use: how prevalent is PC use within the TidBITS readership? Note that for the purposes of this poll, we're leaving aside the question of what operating system you're using, and we're also leaving aside the issue of specialized workstations or personal computers of yesteryear. Vote today on our home page! [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software