Poll Preview: TidBITS is Ten! This week marks TidBITS's tenth anniversary of publication, so we're curious: in what year did you start reading TidBITS? Are you one of the several hundred people who signed up last week (if so, welcome aboard!) or have you been tuning in since TidBITS was distributed as HyperCard stacks back in 1990 and 1991? Vote now on our home page, after which you'll see how long everyone else has been reading. Below the poll results, you'll also see links to some of the articles we've published over the years detailing TidBITS's history, goals, and behind-the-scenes shenanigans. Who knows, maybe someday we'll release a blooper reel! [GD]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard