Poll Results: TidBITS is Ten! Almost 1,400 people participated in last week's poll asking when you started reading TidBITS, and it took a few days for me to figure out why 1993, 1994, and 1995 were the most popular answers. Then I realized that those years corresponded with the heyday of my Internet Starter Kit for Macintosh books, which talked only a little about TidBITS but included it as the example of how to subscribe to a mailing list. For the full results, check out the poll link below. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software