Apple Offers Free iMovie Download -- Citing popular demand for iMovie, Apple has made its entry-level desktop video editing program available as a free download for owners of PowerBook G3 (FireWire) and Power Macintosh G4 machines. iMovie accepts video input from digital camcorders using a FireWire connection and enables budding cinema auteurs to rearrange clips and add transition effects, sound, and titles. Movies can then be exported in a variety of formats. The 19.2 MB download does not include the 160 MB tutorial, and Apple offers no technical support for the Web version. iMovie currently ships with iMac DV computers. [JLC]
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
Published in TidBITS 529.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Government Recommends Microsoft Breakup
- FileMaker 5 Internet Security Holes
- Handspring Releases Palm Desktop 2.6
- AOL 5.0
- Virtual PC 3.0.3 Update Released
- Dartmouth Spins Off Software
- Poll Preview: Collateral Spammage
- Modifying the Macintosh Startup Sequence
- Email Spam: The Bandwagon Plays On, Part 2