Poll Preview: Collateral Spammage -- This week brings the conclusion of Brady Johnson's look at anti-spam legislation in the United States, and his article prompted us to wonder how serious the spam problem is for you. We receive numerous spam messages every day (I've averaged about 56 per week in 2000), but our addresses are extremely public. So help us determine more clearly what the actual impact of spam is on Internet. The question: "On average, how many unsolicited commercial email messages do you receive during a week at all of your email addresses?" Whether you think the spam problem is completely overhyped or the scourge of the Internet, be sure to cast your vote on our home page! [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Triple-Click to Select Entire Lines
Everyone knows about double-clicking to select words, but did you know that you can, in most applications, triple-click to select an entire line or paragraph?
Published in TidBITS 529.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Government Recommends Microsoft Breakup
- FileMaker 5 Internet Security Holes
- Apple Offers Free iMovie Download
- Handspring Releases Palm Desktop 2.6
- AOL 5.0
- Virtual PC 3.0.3 Update Released
- Dartmouth Spins Off Software
- Modifying the Macintosh Startup Sequence
- Email Spam: The Bandwagon Plays On, Part 2