Web Confidential 2.0 Syncs with Palm Devices -- Alco Blom has released Web Confidential 2.0, a major update to his $20 shareware Macintosh storage and organization utility for sensitive information (see "Web Confidential: Securing Information of All Sorts" in TidBITS-441). Foremost among Web Confidential's new features is support for synchronizing your Web Confidential data with Rene Laterveer's Web Confidential for Palm 1.0, a separate $20 shareware version that runs on Palm OS-based handheld devices and offers the same strong encryption to your sensitive information on the Palm. You can download and try the Palm version for 30 days, but the Web Confidential synchronization conduit is sent only to registered users. Web Confidential 2.0 also adds a few new features, including support for filling in Web forms in Netscape Communicator, a Last Modified attribute on cards, a cross-platform file format (though only unencrypted files are cross-platform at the moment), and minor changes to the program's categories. Web Confidential 2.0 is a free upgrade for registered users and is a 540K download; the Palm version is a 105K download. [ACE]
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
- Web Confidential 2.2.1 Adds Import and More (19 Mar 01)
- Web Confidential: Securing Information of All Sorts (03 Aug 98)