Next Issue 05-Jun-00 -- Next weekend is Memorial Day in the United States, so we won't be publishing an issue on 29-May-00, although we'll still post important news items throughout the week on our Web site. Look for our next issue on 05-Jun-00, when we'll look at whatever dramatic shifts occurred in the Macintosh world during the break. (We're still smarting from Apple's purchase of NeXT, which happened during our Christmas break in December 1996; see "The NeXT Thing for Apple" in TidBITS-360.) [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- The NeXT Thing for Apple (06 Jan 97)