Eudora 4.3.2 Fixes Numerous Minor Bugs -- Qualcomm has released Eudora 4.3.2, a minor update to their popular email program. Eudora 4.3.2 fixes a long list of minor bugs including a few that could cause crashes, so the free update is well worth downloading. You can download a 375K patch that will update either Eudora 4.3 or 4.3.1 to 4.3.2, or if you've held out on upgrading so far, you can instead get a 5 MB updater that will update an existing version of Eudora Pro 4.x to 4.3.2. Eudora 4.3.2 requires a PowerPC-based Mac running Mac OS 7.6 or later. For more information about Eudora, see our "All About Eudora" series of articles. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Other articles in the series All About Eudora
- Eudora 6.0 Slams Spam, Concentrates Content (08 Sep 03)
- Eudora 5.1.1 Finally Ships for Mac OS X (03 Jun 02)
- Eudora 5.1 Adds SSL, Palm Address Synchronization (23 Apr 01)
- Eudora 5.0.1 Released (30 Oct 00)
- Eudora 5.0 Reads Your Mind (11 Sep 00)
- An ATypoKill Eudora Hack (04 Sep 00)
- Eudora 4.3.1 Updater Available (28 Feb 00)
- InterviewBITS with Steve Dorner (14 Feb 00)
- Eudora 4.2 Book & Multiple Users (15 Nov 99)
- Qualcomm Ships Eudora Pro 4.2.1 Boxes and Demo (02 Aug 99)
- Eudora Pro 4.2 Continues to Deliver, Part 2 (19 Jul 99)
- Eudora Pro 4.2 Continues to Deliver, Part 1 (12 Jul 99)
- Eudora Tips & Tricks (17 Nov 97)
- Return Eudora Pro 4.0 to the Old Look (13 Apr 98)
- The Postman Rings Again (06 Apr 98)
- Why I Still Live at the P.O. (or, Eudora Lives!) (09 Dec 96)
Published in TidBITS 533.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Eudora 4.3.2 Fixes Numerous Minor Bugs
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and