Aladdin Tuner 3.0 Connects to the World -- Aladdin Systems has released Aladdin Tuner 3.0, a utility for connecting to Internet streams from radio and television stations worldwide. The program is an update to MacTuner, which Aladdin acquired when it purchased Trexar Technologies earlier this year (see "Aladdin Acquires Trexar" in TidBITS-523). Aladdin Tuner 3.0 adds access to streaming QuickTime and Windows Media Player formats to its existing RealAudio and RealVideo support, plus the capability to play MP3 files and audio CDs (linked to the CDDB title database). The utility also includes support for skins to let users customize its appearance. Aladdin Tuner 3.0 costs $30; registered MacTuner users can upgrade for free. The software is a 5.2 MB download, and offers a 30-day trial period. [JLC]
Quickly Navigate Up in the Finder
If you're in a Finder window and want to navigate up a level in the folder hierarchy beyond the currently selected level, simply press Command-Up arrow. (You can also Command-click the Finder window's title to pop up a menu of higher levels.)
- Aladdin Acquires Trexar (27 Mar 00)
Published in TidBITS 537.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Clinton Signs Electronic Signature Bill
- Tests & Fixes for Defective Palm DRAM
- Connectix Continues to Prevail Against Sony
- Webvan Buys HomeGrocer.com
- MRJ 2.2.2 Available
- GraphicConverter 3.9 Expands Image Support
- Poll Results: We Live to Serve
- Poll Preview: What a Tangled Web We Weave
- Tools We Use: VSE Link Tester
- The MacHax Best Hack Contest 2000 Winners