Aladdin Tuner 3.0 Connects to the World -- Aladdin Systems has released Aladdin Tuner 3.0, a utility for connecting to Internet streams from radio and television stations worldwide. The program is an update to MacTuner, which Aladdin acquired when it purchased Trexar Technologies earlier this year (see "Aladdin Acquires Trexar" in TidBITS-523). Aladdin Tuner 3.0 adds access to streaming QuickTime and Windows Media Player formats to its existing RealAudio and RealVideo support, plus the capability to play MP3 files and audio CDs (linked to the CDDB title database). The utility also includes support for skins to let users customize its appearance. Aladdin Tuner 3.0 costs $30; registered MacTuner users can upgrade for free. The software is a 5.2 MB download, and offers a 30-day trial period. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Show Bookmarks Bar in Mobile Safari
Using the Safari app on your iPad? Take advantage of the bookmarks bar. To display it, open the Settings app, tap Safari, and turn on Always Show Bookmarks Bar.
- Aladdin Acquires Trexar (27 Mar 00)
Published in TidBITS 537.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Clinton Signs Electronic Signature Bill
- Tests & Fixes for Defective Palm DRAM
- Connectix Continues to Prevail Against Sony
- Webvan Buys HomeGrocer.com
- MRJ 2.2.2 Available
- GraphicConverter 3.9 Expands Image Support
- Poll Results: We Live to Serve
- Poll Preview: What a Tangled Web We Weave
- Tools We Use: VSE Link Tester
- The MacHax Best Hack Contest 2000 Winners