Poll Preview: What a Tangled Web We Weave -- Jeff Carlson's Tools We Use column about VSE Link Tester this week started us thinking about other tools we use for creating and maintaining Web sites. We rely heavily on Bare Bones Software's BBEdit, multiple Web browsers for testing, Anarchie for uploading, and a variety of custom CGIs and scripts we've written. But what about you? When you create Web pages, what sorts of tools do you rely on? Cast your vote on our home page, and if we've missed a category, let us know on TidBITS Talk at <firstname.lastname@example.org>. [ACE]
Option-Click in Scroll Bars for Jump Scrolling
In Mac OS X in general, and thus in most native Mac OS X applications, hold down the Option key and click anywhere in a window's scroll bar to jump to that spot (rather than scrolling one screen). If you like this behavior, you can make it the default in the Appearance preference pane. For "Click in the scroll bar to:" select "Jump to here."
Published in TidBITS 537.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Clinton Signs Electronic Signature Bill
- Tests & Fixes for Defective Palm DRAM
- Connectix Continues to Prevail Against Sony
- Webvan Buys HomeGrocer.com
- MRJ 2.2.2 Available
- GraphicConverter 3.9 Expands Image Support
- Aladdin Tuner 3.0 Connects to the World
- Poll Results: We Live to Serve
- Tools We Use: VSE Link Tester
- The MacHax Best Hack Contest 2000 Winners