Microsoft Patch Helps Word & PowerPoint -- Microsoft recently released a patch for Macintosh Office 98 that fixes a troublesome bug in Word 98 and adds support for upcoming file formats in PowerPoint 98. The patch to Word fixes a problem where Word could corrupt data when saving files containing complex table formatting. The PowerPoint patch enables the program to open files created by the subsequent versions of PowerPoint for Windows and Macintosh. The update is a free 5.6 MB download. [JLC]
Remove Excess Audio/Video from a Pear Note
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you used Pear Note to record a class or meeting, then forgot to stop the recording and ended up with an extra few hours that you didn't want, don't worry. You can crop off the extra recording. Just move the playhead to the end of what you want to keep, then select Crop Recording From Here from the Edit menu.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 538.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Web Companion 5.0v5 Available
- ATM Light 4.6 Adds OpenType
- PowerMail 3.0.4 Available
- Correction: IE 5.5b1 Not on MacHack CD
- Poll Results: What A Tangled Web We Weave
- Poll Preview: I Go, You Go, We All Go Expo
- TidBITS Translators Needed!
- Macworld NYC 2000 Events
- Inspiration 6 More Inspiring - To Kids
- Hacking the Press, Part 1: Why Bother?