Web Companion 5.0v5 Available -- FileMaker Inc. has released Web Companion 5.0v5, the Web publishing component of FileMaker Pro 5.0 and FileMaker Pro 5 Unlimited. Web Companion 5.0v5 fixes two Mac-specific crashing bugs, permits substitution tags to be used inside the new inline action tag (useful for creating flexible queries embedded in a Web page processed by Web Companion), and returns proper MIME types for CSS and XSL style sheets. The update also fixes a problem where new portal records were unintentionally created by Instant Web Publishing and introduces new syntax for editing or creating records containing related fields. You need this update only if you're using FileMaker's Instant Web Publishing or custom Web publishing; it doesn't change anything in the FileMaker application itself. Web Companion 5.0v5 is presently available for English-language versions of FileMaker 5; localized versions should be released shortly. The update is a 650K download. [GD]
Add Slides to Pear Note from Other Applications
If you have some slides in any application, and you'd like to add them to a Pear Note document, there's no need to save them out and then import them into Pear Note. Instead, you can send them directly to Pear Note through a PDF service. For instance, if you had slides in Keynote, just:
- Select Print within Keynote.
- Click the PDF button.
- Select Send PDF to Pear Note.
This can also be used to import other document types into Pear Note to take notes on them as well.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 538.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Patch Helps Word & PowerPoint
- ATM Light 4.6 Adds OpenType
- PowerMail 3.0.4 Available
- Correction: IE 5.5b1 Not on MacHack CD
- Poll Results: What A Tangled Web We Weave
- Poll Preview: I Go, You Go, We All Go Expo
- TidBITS Translators Needed!
- Macworld NYC 2000 Events
- Inspiration 6 More Inspiring - To Kids
- Hacking the Press, Part 1: Why Bother?