ATM Deluxe 4.6 with Type Reunion 2.6 -- Following the release of Adobe Type Manager Light 4.6 (see "ATM Light 4.6 Adds OpenType" in TidBITS-538), Adobe has released ATM Deluxe 4.6, which now includes Type Reunion 2.6. ATM Deluxe provides the same font smoothing features found in the free Light product, and also includes the capability to activate and deactivate font sets in lieu of storing font files in the System Folder. Version 4.6 adds support for OpenType fonts and includes online help. Abode Type Reunion hierarchically organizes font families in menus, making it easier to select variations of a single face (like bold, italic, or condensed versions of Helvetica). The update is free to registered users of ATM Deluxe 4.5 and later or Type Reunion 2.5 or later; otherwise, the software costs $49 for owners of previous versions, or $65 for a new license. Both programs require Mac OS 8.1 or later, 16 MB RAM for ATM Deluxe or 8 MB RAM for Type Reunion. The download is a hefty 28.9 MB, which also includes 15 PostScript fonts. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- ATM Light 4.6 Adds OpenType (10 Jul 00)