Poll Preview: Mac Attack! Last week at Macworld Expo, Apple completely revised its desktop computer offerings (see the article below), so the new systems are the subject of this week's poll. If you were going to purchase one of Apple's just announced Macs today, which one would you buy? Are your decisions driven primarily by price (the $799 iMac), design (the G4 Cube), sheer horsepower (500 MHz dual-processor systems), or other factors? Cast your vote on our home page! [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.