Poll Results: Mac Attack! Last week's poll asked which of Apple's just-announced Macs you'd buy if you were going to buy one today, and the results seem to reflect what we've already knew - TidBITS readers are a high-end bunch. The four iMac models combined for a mere 15 percent of the nearly 1,000 votes, whereas the two G4 Cube models garnered 26 percent of the votes and the three Power Mac G4 models led the way with 49 percent of the votes. The G4 Cube's strong showing fits with some of the TidBITS Talk discussions about the stylish Mac's target audience, and I also wasn't surprised to see that within the Power Mac G4 models, the 450 MHz and 500 MHz multiprocessor models each received 21 percent of the votes compared to a measly 7 percent for the 400 MHz single processor unit. What's a couple of hundred dollars for an additional processor that will be especially helpful with Mac OS X's symmetric multiprocessing capabilities? [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Make PDFpen Your Default PDF Viewer
Want to open all your PDFs with PDFpen, rather than Preview or Adobe Reader? Follow these steps:
- Locate a PDF document in the Finder.
- Control-click the document.
- From the menu, choose Get Info.
- Scroll down the Get Info window to the Open with... pop-up menu.
- Choose PDFpen.
- Click Change All...
Published in TidBITS 541.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Judges Press Napster's Buttons
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 3.9.2 Now Available
- Retrospect and Retrospect Express 4.3 Released
- More Palm & Handspring DRAM Updates
- Poll Preview: Finder's Clickers
- Macworld Expo 2000 NY Hardware Superlatives
- Macworld Expo 2000 NY Software Superlatives
- Macworld Expo 2000 NY Other Superlatives