We'll Take the Fifth! Congratulations to TidBITS publisher Adam Engst for his fifth place ranking in the MacDirectory "Most Influential Figure in the Mac Industry" poll of nearly 200 MacDirectory readers. As in last month's MDJ Power 25 poll, Apple iCEO Steve Jobs took first place by a wide margin, but this time, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates was second, followed by Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak and the inimitable Guy Kawasaki (currently the CEO of Garage.com). [GD]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- We're Number Two! (24 Jul 00)