Poll Results: Running for Office? If the response to last week's poll asking if people planned to upgrade to Microsoft Office 2001 (and if so, why) is any indication, the Microsoft folks have their marketing work cut out for them. A full 51 percent of respondents said they didn't plan to upgrade. Of the people who do plan to upgrade, the reasons were relatively varied, with the simple "Want latest version" leading the pack. Office 2001's new features attracted other people, followed by the desire for a better interface, better document sharing, and bug fixes. Least important was company policy, interestingly enough, and a similar number of people voted for other, unspecified reasons. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Introducing XNS and XNSORG (25 Sep 00)