Poll Preview: Front and Center -- Honest, we didn't plan on having multiple pieces about word processing in this week's issue! But despite today's emphasis on the Internet, word processing remains one of the most common tasks for which people use computers. That got us thinking: what do you consider the most common tasks for which you use your Macintosh? Vote today on our home page so we can see how TidBITS readers compare with the norm! [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.