Gill Exits Quark -- Sources close to Quark, Inc. have confirmed that founder and chairman Tim Gill has left the company to pursue philanthropic efforts through his organization, the Gill Foundation. Fred Ebrahimi, Quark president and CEO, recently purchased Gill's half of the privately held company. Gill founded Quark in 1981 and wrote the first word processor for the Apple III. Ebrahimi was hired as president and CEO in 1986. Quark's flagship product, QuarkXPress, has been one of the major applications in the desktop publishing field since its release in 1987. Representatives at Quark had no comment. [JLC]
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 553.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Eudora 5.0.1 Released
- Updates to Action Files 1.5.4 & Action Menus 1.0.2
- SETI@home 3.0 Client Available
- Napster (Finally) Releases Mac Client
- Entourage Followup
- Priceline.com Ceases Bidding on Groceries
- Poll Results: Front and Center
- Poll Preview: Bandwidth Is Good
- Major Update to StuffIt Deluxe 6.0 and Expander 6.0
- Make the Connection with ConceptDraw