Gill Exits Quark -- Sources close to Quark, Inc. have confirmed that founder and chairman Tim Gill has left the company to pursue philanthropic efforts through his organization, the Gill Foundation. Fred Ebrahimi, Quark president and CEO, recently purchased Gill's half of the privately held company. Gill founded Quark in 1981 and wrote the first word processor for the Apple III. Ebrahimi was hired as president and CEO in 1986. Quark's flagship product, QuarkXPress, has been one of the major applications in the desktop publishing field since its release in 1987. Representatives at Quark had no comment. [JLC]
Enter Dashboard, Expose, or Spaces Temporarily
Hold down F9, F10, F11, or F12 (or whatever you've set for the Expose and Spaces keyboard shortcuts) for a few seconds, and then release the key to enter and leave the appropriate mode without having to press the key again. This is particularly useful for Dashboard, in which you can check the contents of a widget and then return to your work with only a single key press.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 553.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Eudora 5.0.1 Released
- Updates to Action Files 1.5.4 & Action Menus 1.0.2
- SETI@home 3.0 Client Available
- Napster (Finally) Releases Mac Client
- Entourage Followup
- Priceline.com Ceases Bidding on Groceries
- Poll Results: Front and Center
- Poll Preview: Bandwidth Is Good
- Major Update to StuffIt Deluxe 6.0 and Expander 6.0
- Make the Connection with ConceptDraw