Gill Exits Quark -- Sources close to Quark, Inc. have confirmed that founder and chairman Tim Gill has left the company to pursue philanthropic efforts through his organization, the Gill Foundation. Fred Ebrahimi, Quark president and CEO, recently purchased Gill's half of the privately held company. Gill founded Quark in 1981 and wrote the first word processor for the Apple III. Ebrahimi was hired as president and CEO in 1986. Quark's flagship product, QuarkXPress, has been one of the major applications in the desktop publishing field since its release in 1987. Representatives at Quark had no comment. [JLC]
Find Graphics in TextEdit .rtfd Files
Want to find the graphics in a TextEdit document in the .rtfd format? The document is actually a package - a special kind of folder that looks like a file. To see and extract just the graphics, Control-click the document and choose Show Package Contents. A new window opens showing you just the embedded images, along with a TXT.RTF file that contains the text of the file.
Published in TidBITS 553.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Eudora 5.0.1 Released
- Updates to Action Files 1.5.4 & Action Menus 1.0.2
- SETI@home 3.0 Client Available
- Napster (Finally) Releases Mac Client
- Entourage Followup
- Priceline.com Ceases Bidding on Groceries
- Poll Results: Front and Center
- Poll Preview: Bandwidth Is Good
- Major Update to StuffIt Deluxe 6.0 and Expander 6.0
- Make the Connection with ConceptDraw