Poll Preview: Bandwidth Is Good -- As noted above, last week's poll revealed that TidBITS readers consider email and Web browsing the most common tasks they perform on their Macs. But that raises the question of bandwidth; if you're such a wired lot, what kind of Internet connections do you use on a regular basis, both at work and at home? We use a variety of connections, ranging from 56K modems and 56K frame relay to 128K ISDN and 256K DSL. Register your vote on our home page! [ACE]
Disable Caps Lock
If you find yourself pressing the Caps Lock key accidentally as much as I do, note that you can disable it entirely in Mac OS X. Open the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane, click the Modifier Keys button, and in the dialog that appears, select No Action from the Caps Lock pop-up menu. You could remap it to another modifier instead, but that might make using differently configured Macs more difficult.
Published in TidBITS 553.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Eudora 5.0.1 Released
- Updates to Action Files 1.5.4 & Action Menus 1.0.2
- SETI@home 3.0 Client Available
- Napster (Finally) Releases Mac Client
- Entourage Followup
- Priceline.com Ceases Bidding on Groceries
- Gill Exits Quark
- Poll Results: Front and Center
- Major Update to StuffIt Deluxe 6.0 and Expander 6.0
- Make the Connection with ConceptDraw