Poll Preview: Bandwidth Is Good -- As noted above, last week's poll revealed that TidBITS readers consider email and Web browsing the most common tasks they perform on their Macs. But that raises the question of bandwidth; if you're such a wired lot, what kind of Internet connections do you use on a regular basis, both at work and at home? We use a variety of connections, ranging from 56K modems and 56K frame relay to 128K ISDN and 256K DSL. Register your vote on our home page! [ACE]
Access OpenType Font Features
OpenType fonts (.otf) often have special features, such as swashes and alternate characters, that are accessible in any app that uses the OS X font panel, including Pages and TextEdit. To access them, type and select your text, press Command-T to open the font panel, and then choose Typography from the Actions pop-up menu. That shows the Typography panel, where you can toggle available options for the font and characters you've selected.
Published in TidBITS 553.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Eudora 5.0.1 Released
- Updates to Action Files 1.5.4 & Action Menus 1.0.2
- SETI@home 3.0 Client Available
- Napster (Finally) Releases Mac Client
- Entourage Followup
- Priceline.com Ceases Bidding on Groceries
- Gill Exits Quark
- Poll Results: Front and Center
- Major Update to StuffIt Deluxe 6.0 and Expander 6.0
- Make the Connection with ConceptDraw