Bare Bones Releases Mailsmith 1.1.6 -- Bare Bones Software has updated its email client Mailsmith to version 1.1.6, adding SMTP authentication and a handful of performance, interface, and bug fixes. The update includes a Re-Send command, the capability to check an arbitrary set of accounts from one dialog box, and a summary line in the mailbox list that displays the number of mailboxes and messages, among other changes. Mailsmith 1.1.6 is a 3.6 MB download and is free for existing owners; the full program costs $79, with a special price of $59 for owners of Emailer, Eudora, BBEdit, or BBEdit Lite. [JLC]
Enabling Auto Spelling Correction in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, the automatic spelling correction in applications is not usually activated by default. To turn it on, make sure the cursor's insertion point is somewhere where text can be entered, and either choose Edit > Spelling and Grammar > Correct Spelling Automatically or, if the Edit menu's submenu doesn't have what you need, Control-click where you're typing and choose Spelling and Grammar > Correct Spelling Automatically from the contextual menu that appears. The latter approach is particularly likely to be necessary in Safari and other WebKit-based applications, like Mailplane.
Published in TidBITS 554.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- BBEdit 6.0.1 Update Released
- Keep It Up 2.4 Adds Email Notification
- PowerMail 3.0.6 Released, Mac OS X Version in Public Beta
- SoundJam 2.5.2 Fixes Bugs, Goes Carbon
- Poll Results: Bandwidth Is Good
- Quiz Preview: A Clean Dismount
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Tips
- AutoSyncing TidBITS Handheld Edition via AvantGo
- Excel 2001: Expensive Excellence