Bare Bones Releases Mailsmith 1.1.6 -- Bare Bones Software has updated its email client Mailsmith to version 1.1.6, adding SMTP authentication and a handful of performance, interface, and bug fixes. The update includes a Re-Send command, the capability to check an arbitrary set of accounts from one dialog box, and a summary line in the mailbox list that displays the number of mailboxes and messages, among other changes. Mailsmith 1.1.6 is a 3.6 MB download and is free for existing owners; the full program costs $79, with a special price of $59 for owners of Emailer, Eudora, BBEdit, or BBEdit Lite. [JLC]
Edit Remote Files in Your Favorite Utility with Fetch
If you use the Fetch FTP client and want to, for instance, edit remote .html files with one application but .css files with another, you can set this up easily: In Fetch, select a .html file and click the Get Info button on the toolbar. In the Get Info window, in the Transfer Option section, choose your desired program from the "Edit files like this with" pop-up menu. Repeat the procedure for a .css file, and you're ready to go!
Visit Fetch Softworks
Published in TidBITS 554.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- BBEdit 6.0.1 Update Released
- Keep It Up 2.4 Adds Email Notification
- PowerMail 3.0.6 Released, Mac OS X Version in Public Beta
- SoundJam 2.5.2 Fixes Bugs, Goes Carbon
- Poll Results: Bandwidth Is Good
- Quiz Preview: A Clean Dismount
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Tips
- AutoSyncing TidBITS Handheld Edition via AvantGo
- Excel 2001: Expensive Excellence
Bare Bones Releases Mailsmith 1.1.6
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and