BBEdit 6.0.1 Update Released -- Bare Bones Software has released BBEdit 6.0.1, updating the company's widely used text editor and HTML authoring program (see "BBEdit 6.0 Improves Powerful Text Editing" in TidBITS-547). FTP server passwords can now be stored in the Mac OS 9 Keychain or in BBEdit's bookmarks file, and the link checker better handles large documents with many links. Additional improvements include more detailed text coloring options, a preference for viewing QuickTime movies either as source data or in a playback window, and numerous other fixes. The upgrade to BBEdit 6.0.1 is free to owners of BBEdit 6.0; owners of BBEdit 2.5 and later can upgrade for $39. The full version costs $119, with competitive upgrades priced at $79. The BBEdit 6.0.1 update is a 1.2 MB download. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the TidBITS Content Network for Apple consultants.
- BBEdit 6.0 Improves Powerful Text Editing (11 Sep 00)
Published in TidBITS 554.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Bare Bones Releases Mailsmith 1.1.6
- Keep It Up 2.4 Adds Email Notification
- PowerMail 3.0.6 Released, Mac OS X Version in Public Beta
- SoundJam 2.5.2 Fixes Bugs, Goes Carbon
- Poll Results: Bandwidth Is Good
- Quiz Preview: A Clean Dismount
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Tips
- AutoSyncing TidBITS Handheld Edition via AvantGo
- Excel 2001: Expensive Excellence