SoundJam 2.5.2 Fixes Bugs, Goes Carbon -- Casady & Greene has released SoundJam MP Plus and SoundJam MP Free 2.5.2, which reportedly fix "some minor issues in previous versions" that apparently weren't significant enough to list. (See "SoundJam Keeps On Jammin'" in TidBITS-535 for more on SoundJam.) Also released at the same time was the unsupported SoundJam for Mac OS X; it requires a SoundJam serial number and will expire 15-May-01. The updates to SoundJam MP Plus 2.5.2 and SoundJam MP Free 2.5.2 are free for registered users and weigh in at 2.9 MB and 3.9 MB respectively; the download for SoundJam for Mac OS X is only 1.1 MB. [ACE]
Avoid Simple Typos
If, like me, you find yourself typing 2911 in place of 2011 entirely too often, you can have Mac OS X (either Lion or Snow Leopard) fix such typos for you automatically. Just open the Language & Text pane of System Preferences, click the Text button at the top, and then add a text substitution by clicking the + button underneath the list. It won't work everywhere (for that you'll want a utility like Smile's TextExpander), but it should work in applications like Pages and TextEdit, and in Save dialog boxes.
- SoundJam Keeps On Jammin' (19 Jun 00)
Published in TidBITS 554.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Bare Bones Releases Mailsmith 1.1.6
- BBEdit 6.0.1 Update Released
- Keep It Up 2.4 Adds Email Notification
- PowerMail 3.0.6 Released, Mac OS X Version in Public Beta
- Poll Results: Bandwidth Is Good
- Quiz Preview: A Clean Dismount
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Tips
- AutoSyncing TidBITS Handheld Edition via AvantGo
- Excel 2001: Expensive Excellence