Poll Results: Bandwidth Is Good -- The results of last week's poll, which asked about the speed of Internet connections you regularly use at home or work, showed major spikes for the 33.6 to 56 Kbps (35 percent of respondents) and 1.5 to 5 Mbps (34 percent) answers. Those answers probably correspond most closely to home modem connections and to work T1 connections, but DSL connections are also popular, with roughly 25 percent of respondents weighing in at a variety of speeds. It's likely that cable modem connections also fared well, though it's harder to distinguish those numbers due to the overlap with T1 connections and the often significant difference between theoretical and actual throughputs. [ACE]
Instant Full-Screen Slideshow
For an instant full-screen slideshow of a bunch of pictures, select them in the Finder, and press Command-Option-Y. (This is the same as pressing the Space bar, clicking the full-screen button in the Quick Look toolbar, and clicking the play button.)
Published in TidBITS 554.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Bare Bones Releases Mailsmith 1.1.6
- BBEdit 6.0.1 Update Released
- Keep It Up 2.4 Adds Email Notification
- PowerMail 3.0.6 Released, Mac OS X Version in Public Beta
- SoundJam 2.5.2 Fixes Bugs, Goes Carbon
- Quiz Preview: A Clean Dismount
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Tips
- AutoSyncing TidBITS Handheld Edition via AvantGo
- Excel 2001: Expensive Excellence