Poll Results: Bandwidth Is Good -- The results of last week's poll, which asked about the speed of Internet connections you regularly use at home or work, showed major spikes for the 33.6 to 56 Kbps (35 percent of respondents) and 1.5 to 5 Mbps (34 percent) answers. Those answers probably correspond most closely to home modem connections and to work T1 connections, but DSL connections are also popular, with roughly 25 percent of respondents weighing in at a variety of speeds. It's likely that cable modem connections also fared well, though it's harder to distinguish those numbers due to the overlap with T1 connections and the often significant difference between theoretical and actual throughputs. [ACE]
Show Recent Items in Snow Leopard
The Recent Items submenu in the Apple menu is handy, but what if you want to work with a file in there in the Finder, rather than open it? Just press Command when that menu is showing, and all the Applications and Documents change to "Show ... in Finder." This feature is new as of Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard.
Published in TidBITS 554.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Bare Bones Releases Mailsmith 1.1.6
- BBEdit 6.0.1 Update Released
- Keep It Up 2.4 Adds Email Notification
- PowerMail 3.0.6 Released, Mac OS X Version in Public Beta
- SoundJam 2.5.2 Fixes Bugs, Goes Carbon
- Quiz Preview: A Clean Dismount
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Tips
- AutoSyncing TidBITS Handheld Edition via AvantGo
- Excel 2001: Expensive Excellence
Poll Results: Bandwidth Is Good
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and