Quiz Preview: A Clean Dismount -- One of the great things about Macintosh networking over the years is just how seamless it can be, particularly when you make judicious use of aliases. However, troubleshooting certain types of networking problems can prove difficult because of this seamlessness. For this week's quiz, then, imagine that you've set an AppleShare server to mount at startup and now something's changed. How, in Mac OS 9, do you go about preventing the Mac OS from trying to mount the server every time you boot your Macintosh? Test your knowledge (and maybe learn how you can use AppleShare servers more conveniently) on our home page! [ACE]
Use Expose to Open Files Quickly
Looking for an easy way to drag a file into a hidden application? First enter Expose's All Windows mode by hitting F9, then hover over an application's window while dragging your file, pause for a moment (or press the Space bar) and that window will spring to the foreground enabling you to open the file within that application.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 554.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Bare Bones Releases Mailsmith 1.1.6
- BBEdit 6.0.1 Update Released
- Keep It Up 2.4 Adds Email Notification
- PowerMail 3.0.6 Released, Mac OS X Version in Public Beta
- SoundJam 2.5.2 Fixes Bugs, Goes Carbon
- Poll Results: Bandwidth Is Good
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Tips
- AutoSyncing TidBITS Handheld Edition via AvantGo
- Excel 2001: Expensive Excellence