GraphicConverter 4.0 Continues Image Excellence -- You'd never guess there existed so many graphic file formats without looking at the revision history of Lemke Software's GraphicConverter. With the release of GraphicConverter 4.0, Lemke adds a few more to the list of 130 formats the indispensable image application can import or export. In addition, the new version incorporates dozens of bug fixes and small improvements, ranging from improved AppleScript support to handling of corrupt GIF and Photoshop files. Despite the integer version number jump, GraphicConverter 4.0 isn't a significant feature upgrade; Lemke Software simply ran out of numbers in the 3.x range. GraphicConverter is shareware and costs $30 in Europe, $35 throughout the rest of the world, and is a 2.4 MB download. [JLC]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software