Send Us Your Holiday 2000 Gift Ideas -- We're gearing up for our annual holiday gift issue, where we pass along the best suggestions from you, our readers. These ideas could be either gifts you're planning to present to friends and family or things you're hoping to receive yourself! As in previous years, we'll be collecting ideas in TidBITS Talk, so please send your suggestions to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. We've already started threads for specific categories, and there's a "Respond via email" link for you to use at the bottom of each message in the TidBITS Talk Web archive. And as always, please suggest only one product or idea per message, give the reason why you're recommending it, make sure to include a URL or other necessary contact information, and please recommend only others' products. Thanks in advance for your suggestions, and if you want to check out the last two holiday gift issues to get the creative juices flowing, they're TidBITS-460 and TidBITS-510.
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software