BBEdit 6.0.2 Available -- Bare Bones Software has released BBEdit 6.0.2, a minor revision to its popular text editor, programming tool, and Web authoring tool. (See "BBEdit 6.0 Improves Powerful Text Editing" in TidBITS-547.) Version 6.0.2 includes enhancements to BBEdit's SourceServer (Projector) features and scripting interface which better enable users to check in, check out, and cancel modifications to documents maintained by version control systems. BBEdit 6.0.2 also rolls in support for CHTML markup used by iMode cellular telephones, includes an option to select whole lines with a single click, and adds a number of other fixes and tweaks. The 2.2 MB update is free to registered owners of BBEdit 6.x. [GD]
New Documents in Snow Leopard's TextEdit
In the Snow Leopard version of TextEdit, you can now create a new document by Control-clicking TextEdit's Dock icon (when it's running), and choosing New Document from the pop-up menu. This isn't a major feature, of course, since you can also just press Command-N while in TextEdit, but consider Control-clicking other applications' Dock icons to see what functions they might make available.
- BBEdit 6.0 Improves Powerful Text Editing (11 Sep 00)
Published in TidBITS 561.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Welcome to 2001!
- Newer Technology Closing Shop
- Interarchy 4.0 Streamlines Look
- Default Folder 3.0.9 Released
- MCF Quickly Releases ListSTAR 2.1
- Poll Results: The Benefits of Unix
- The Passing of Martin Minow
- Symantec Releases Two Norton Bundles
- Macworld San Francisco 2001 Events
- Speak the MacSpeech, I Pray You