BBEdit 6.0.2 Available -- Bare Bones Software has released BBEdit 6.0.2, a minor revision to its popular text editor, programming tool, and Web authoring tool. (See "BBEdit 6.0 Improves Powerful Text Editing" in TidBITS-547.) Version 6.0.2 includes enhancements to BBEdit's SourceServer (Projector) features and scripting interface which better enable users to check in, check out, and cancel modifications to documents maintained by version control systems. BBEdit 6.0.2 also rolls in support for CHTML markup used by iMode cellular telephones, includes an option to select whole lines with a single click, and adds a number of other fixes and tweaks. The 2.2 MB update is free to registered owners of BBEdit 6.x. [GD]
Open Links from Apple Mail in the Background
If an email message in Mail includes a Web link which you'd prefer to check out after you've read all your mail, and you don't want to hunt for the link later, Command-click the link in the message to open a browser window in the background. Mail remains the foreground application, and the browser window can wait till you're ready.
Visit MacTipster blog
- BBEdit 6.0 Improves Powerful Text Editing (11 Sep 00)
Published in TidBITS 561.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Welcome to 2001!
- Newer Technology Closing Shop
- Interarchy 4.0 Streamlines Look
- Default Folder 3.0.9 Released
- MCF Quickly Releases ListSTAR 2.1
- Poll Results: The Benefits of Unix
- The Passing of Martin Minow
- Symantec Releases Two Norton Bundles
- Macworld San Francisco 2001 Events
- Speak the MacSpeech, I Pray You