BBEdit 6.0.2 Available -- Bare Bones Software has released BBEdit 6.0.2, a minor revision to its popular text editor, programming tool, and Web authoring tool. (See "BBEdit 6.0 Improves Powerful Text Editing" in TidBITS-547.) Version 6.0.2 includes enhancements to BBEdit's SourceServer (Projector) features and scripting interface which better enable users to check in, check out, and cancel modifications to documents maintained by version control systems. BBEdit 6.0.2 also rolls in support for CHTML markup used by iMode cellular telephones, includes an option to select whole lines with a single click, and adds a number of other fixes and tweaks. The 2.2 MB update is free to registered owners of BBEdit 6.x. [GD]
Expand Finder Columns Quickly
Column view in the Finder is great for navigating through your disk's hierarchy, but the columns often aren't wide enough to show the full names of all the files. To expand a column to a width that will show all file names in their entirety, double-click the handle that you would normally drag to expand or shrink the column. To expand all the visible columns to that width, Option-double-click the handle.
- BBEdit 6.0 Improves Powerful Text Editing (11 Sep 00)
Published in TidBITS 561.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Welcome to 2001!
- Newer Technology Closing Shop
- Interarchy 4.0 Streamlines Look
- Default Folder 3.0.9 Released
- MCF Quickly Releases ListSTAR 2.1
- Poll Results: The Benefits of Unix
- The Passing of Martin Minow
- Symantec Releases Two Norton Bundles
- Macworld San Francisco 2001 Events
- Speak the MacSpeech, I Pray You