BBEdit 6.0.2 Available -- Bare Bones Software has released BBEdit 6.0.2, a minor revision to its popular text editor, programming tool, and Web authoring tool. (See "BBEdit 6.0 Improves Powerful Text Editing" in TidBITS-547.) Version 6.0.2 includes enhancements to BBEdit's SourceServer (Projector) features and scripting interface which better enable users to check in, check out, and cancel modifications to documents maintained by version control systems. BBEdit 6.0.2 also rolls in support for CHTML markup used by iMode cellular telephones, includes an option to select whole lines with a single click, and adds a number of other fixes and tweaks. The 2.2 MB update is free to registered owners of BBEdit 6.x. [GD]
Open a Finder Window with the App Switcher
If you don't have any Finder windows open and want to switch to the Finder and open a window in one fell swoop, bring up the app switcher with Command-Tab and tab over to the Finder icon. While still holding down Command, press the Option key, and then release the Command key. You're switched to the Finder, with a new default window open for you.
- BBEdit 6.0 Improves Powerful Text Editing (11 Sep 00)
Published in TidBITS 561.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Welcome to 2001!
- Newer Technology Closing Shop
- Interarchy 4.0 Streamlines Look
- Default Folder 3.0.9 Released
- MCF Quickly Releases ListSTAR 2.1
- Poll Results: The Benefits of Unix
- The Passing of Martin Minow
- Symantec Releases Two Norton Bundles
- Macworld San Francisco 2001 Events
- Speak the MacSpeech, I Pray You