Default Folder 3.0.9 Released -- St. Clair Software has released Default Folder 3.0.9, fixing bugs and improving compatibility in the $25 shareware utility for enhancing Open and Save dialog boxes (see "Tools We Use: Default Folder" in TidBITS-475). The new version fixes a problem that caused crashes on PowerPC-based machines running Mac OS 8.1 or earlier. Version 3.0.8, released a short time ago, added support for Mac OS X's Classic environment, as well as Apple's upcoming Mac OS 9.1. It also includes the capability to turn off Navigation Services on an application-by-application basis, plus other enhancements. Default Folder 3.0.9 is a free update for registered users. [JLC]
Increase Boom Volume Quickly
If you're using Boom to increase the volume on your Mac, you can change the amount to which Boom increases the volume quickly in two ways. Either use the slider available from Boom's menu bar icon, or enable and set hotkeys (Command-Shift-+ and Command-Shift-- by default). Then, when you need that push to 11, more volume is available at the click of the mouse or tap of the keyboard.
Visit Global Delight
- Tools We Use: Default Folder (05 Apr 99)
Published in TidBITS 561.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Welcome to 2001!
- Newer Technology Closing Shop
- Interarchy 4.0 Streamlines Look
- BBEdit 6.0.2 Available
- MCF Quickly Releases ListSTAR 2.1
- Poll Results: The Benefits of Unix
- The Passing of Martin Minow
- Symantec Releases Two Norton Bundles
- Macworld San Francisco 2001 Events
- Speak the MacSpeech, I Pray You