Default Folder 3.0.9 Released -- St. Clair Software has released Default Folder 3.0.9, fixing bugs and improving compatibility in the $25 shareware utility for enhancing Open and Save dialog boxes (see "Tools We Use: Default Folder" in TidBITS-475). The new version fixes a problem that caused crashes on PowerPC-based machines running Mac OS 8.1 or earlier. Version 3.0.8, released a short time ago, added support for Mac OS X's Classic environment, as well as Apple's upcoming Mac OS 9.1. It also includes the capability to turn off Navigation Services on an application-by-application basis, plus other enhancements. Default Folder 3.0.9 is a free update for registered users. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Encrypted Screen Sharing in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, screen sharing in iChat can now be encrypted if both parties sharing a screen have MobileMe accounts and have enabled encryption (iChat > Preferences > Accounts > Security).
- Tools We Use: Default Folder (05 Apr 99)
Published in TidBITS 561.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Welcome to 2001!
- Newer Technology Closing Shop
- Interarchy 4.0 Streamlines Look
- BBEdit 6.0.2 Available
- MCF Quickly Releases ListSTAR 2.1
- Poll Results: The Benefits of Unix
- The Passing of Martin Minow
- Symantec Releases Two Norton Bundles
- Macworld San Francisco 2001 Events
- Speak the MacSpeech, I Pray You