MCF Quickly Releases ListSTAR 2.1 -- Less than two months after the company's acquisition of the ListSTAR mailing list server from 4D, MCF Software has released ListSTAR 2.1, which marks the return (and updating) of ListSTAR/POP. The POP version of ListSTAR, which hadn't received any updates in years, offers essentially all the features of ListSTAR/SMTP (though slower performance) without requiring a dedicated Internet connection. Other improvements in the upgrade, which is free to users of earlier versions, include correctly formatted message IDs, the capability for the SMTP version to co-exist with another SMTP server on the same Mac, easier list creation with less user intervention, and elimination of some AppleScript problems in ListSTAR 2.0. ListSTAR 2.1 costs $275, with free evaluation licenses available. ListSTAR/SMTP 2.1 is a 5 MB download; ListSTAR/POP 2.1 weighs in at a 4.5 MB download. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- ListSTAR Moves from 4D to MCF Software (23 Oct 00)