Handspring Skirts the Edge with New Handheld -- Handspring has announced what is sure to become the "must-have" accessory to Apple's PowerBook G4 Titanium: the Visor Edge, an anodized aluminum handheld that's just .44 inches thick. The Visor Edge runs Palm OS 3.5, comes with 8 MB of memory, sports the high-contrast grayscale screen found in current models, and includes a rechargeable lithium ion battery. Unlike other Visors, the Edge does not have a built-in Springboard expansion slot; to compensate, each Edge includes a snap-on Detachable Springboard Slot that can utilize any Springboard module. The Visor Edge costs $400 and should be shipping by the end of the month in metallic silver, red, and blue colors. [JLC]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software