Trade in Your PowerBook 190 or 5300 -- If you have a PowerBook 190 (the last 68040 model) or its PowerPC cousin, the PowerBook 5300, Apple has a little-publicized, limited-time offer to "upgrade" your laptop to a 400 MHz PowerBook G3 (FireWire) for just $1,600. The offer is available only until 23-Mar-01 and is for only one configuration of the PowerBook G3 (FireWire) while supplies last (the full specs are available on Apple's Web page). [MHA]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Make PDFpen Your Default PDF Viewer
Want to open all your PDFs with PDFpen, rather than Preview or Adobe Reader? Follow these steps:
- Locate a PDF document in the Finder.
- Control-click the document.
- From the menu, choose Get Info.
- Scroll down the Get Info window to the Open with... pop-up menu.
- Choose PDFpen.
- Click Change All...
- Power PowerBooks Arrive (28 Aug 95)