Photoshop 6.0.1 Update Released -- Adobe has updated its flagship image editor, rolling bug fixes and tweaks into Photoshop 6. The new version features a handful of usability improvements to the painting tool brush picker and makes clipping paths in EPS and TIFF files readable to programs like QuarkXPress. It also corrects problems with low memory situations and includes other performance enhancements. The 09-Mar-01 release is the "official" updater; an earlier 6.0.1 update was apparently made available too soon and quickly pulled. Users who installed the "unofficial" update need to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop 6.0, then apply the new updater. The update is a 12.4 MB download. [JLC]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software