Default Folder 3.1 Released -- St. Clair Software has released Default Folder 3.1, improving performance in Navigation Services and Save As dialog boxes and fixing a few bugs. The new version addresses one frustrating limitation of Apple's Navigation Services dialogs: with Default Folder 3.1, pressing Command and the up arrow key takes you one level higher in the file hierarchy, even when the keyboard focus is in the edit box. You can now also edit a file's Get Info comments from within file dialogs using Default Folder's Get Info command. Other fixes include an option to speed up the Recent menu in Navigation Services dialogs, and bug fixes in the Default Folder Control Strip Module and with LaserWriter 8 printer driver Save As dialogs. Default Folder is a free update for registered users, and is a 1.1 MB download. [JLC]
- VMware Fusion 6.0.3 and Fusion 6.0.3 Professional
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.8
- DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.7.5
- OmniOutliner 4.0.5
- 1Password 4.3
- AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.7.3
- Paprika 2.0.3
- Security Update 2014-002 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion)
- Microsoft Office 2011 14.4.1
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Tools We Use: Default Folder (05 Apr 99)