Outpost.com Adjusts Shipping Policy Yet Again -- Less than a month after increasing its shipping charges a second time, Outpost.com has again adjusted its shipping rates to try to win back customers stung by the previous changes (see "I Saw Free Ships..." in TidBITS-567 and "Outpost.com's Shipping Charges Increase Again" in TidBITS-574). Outpost.com now offers second-day air shipping starting at $3.95, and overnight delivery starting at $5.95, depending on the weight of the items being shipped. This means reasonable shipping costs for lightweight items, but reasonable revenue when the company must ship heavier items. Company founder (and returning President and CEO) Darryl Peck said, "We think we have finally found a plan that works for everyone." Darryl also said that the company will no longer staff its phones from midnight to 8 AM Eastern time, when there were too few calls to warrant the required staff. [MHA]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Outpost.com Adjusts Shipping Policy Yet Again
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>