Outpost.com Adjusts Shipping Policy Yet Again -- Less than a month after increasing its shipping charges a second time, Outpost.com has again adjusted its shipping rates to try to win back customers stung by the previous changes (see "I Saw Free Ships..." in TidBITS-567 and "Outpost.com's Shipping Charges Increase Again" in TidBITS-574). Outpost.com now offers second-day air shipping starting at $3.95, and overnight delivery starting at $5.95, depending on the weight of the items being shipped. This means reasonable shipping costs for lightweight items, but reasonable revenue when the company must ship heavier items. Company founder (and returning President and CEO) Darryl Peck said, "We think we have finally found a plan that works for everyone." Darryl also said that the company will no longer staff its phones from midnight to 8 AM Eastern time, when there were too few calls to warrant the required staff. [MHA]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Outpost.com Adjusts Shipping Policy Yet Again
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and